You Don't have to be perfect....Kids flying kites on hand coloured background square card
Hi Craft addicts!
I had such fun creating the background for this card using Tim Holtz Distress Crayons - the rest of the card was made using Tattered Lace Dies and a Stamp by Me stamp.....
How I made this card:-
- I used a pre cut panel of white stamping card (6" x 6" from either Hunkydory or Rare Earth) for the base layer and began colouring the sky in using most of the blue Tim Holtz Distress Crayons - blending them in with my finger as I went - I also found that spritzing my finger with water helped smooth the edges out. I also spritzed more water on to the card and blotted it with some kitchen roll to give the impression of clouds.
- I then used various green crayons to create the grass, using the darker colours to add some dimension again spritzing it with water to blend it in.
- I then used the Black Soot crayon towards the centre of the panel to add some landscape and also a blue/grey one in parts to create the cloud effect.
- Whilst that dried,I cut out the children flying their kites and the dog in black card and stuck them to the panel.
- I also stamped the grasses in the left hand corner using Altenew's Jet Black ink (using part of the stamp as I didn't want the whole design).
- I edged it with a black alcohol marker and then used PVA glue to stick both together.
- I used the You don't have to be... beautiful stamp from the Grass set to added the sentiment (again using the Jet Black Ink).
- 6" white square card with matching envelope
- Kites Tattered Lace Die
- Dog from the Fun, Frolics and Flight die from Tattered Lace
- Stamps by Me Grass set
- White stamping card
- Black card - Lynda Chapman's World of Paper range
- Pre cut Silver Mirri card panel from Hunkydory
- Blue (such as Salty Ocean) and Green shades (and black) Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
- Gina K Black Amalgam ink
- Jet Black Altenew mini ink cube
- PVA Glue such as Glue-it Glue from Pinflair or Cosmic Shimmer
- Wet Glue such as Collall All Purpose glue
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here