Happy Birthday hot air balloons on acetate A6 cream card
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is definitely a work in progress insomuch that it definitely needs improving.. but if you want to see how I worked on it so far then read below!
How I made this card:-
- This is an A6 cream pearlescent card with a matching envelope but needed a plain background so cut a piece of white stamping card slightly smaller than the card itself.
- I used the Stamps By Me Watercolour paints wheel and painted a sky scene using the blue palette. I heat dried it but also left it to dry for a bit.
- I then took a piece of the Hot Air Balloons acetate that Hunkydory produced some time ago and trimmed it to fit the white panel. This acetate is double sided (gold on one side and silver on the other) and decided to use the latter for this card.
- I then used a couple of alcohol markers to colour the reverse side of the acetate and when it was totally dry, used my score board to score it at the top to make a small flap.
- Using red liner tape, I then attached that to the sky scene (using the tape on the inside of the flap so it stuck to the back of the panel).
- I then stuck the whole thing to the front of the card using PVA glue.
- Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps has a pack called Floral Expressions and I used the Happy main stamp and the small Birthday one to create the sentiment.. I used Black Gina K Amalgam ink to stamp it onto some white stamping card as it can take all sorts of pens/paints etc.
- I then coloured in the Happy part of it with one of Stamps by Me Gossip Glitter pens (Yellow) and attached the panel to the front of the card with foam pads.
- A6 cream pearlescent card with matching envelope
- Floral Expressions stamp set from For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory
- Hot Air Balloon acetate sheet from Hunkydory
- White stamping card
- Blue palette from Stamps by Me Watercolour wheel
- Alcohol markers - any colours will do
- Yellow Glitter Gossip pen from Stamps by Me
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue or Pinflair Glue it glue
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Red Liner tape
- Foam pads
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here