Cute Critters, Parcel and Christmas pudding mini cards -
Day 350 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's makes for day 350 of my 365 day challenge are 3 mini (3in) cards that could be used as gift tags too...
How I made these cards:-
- Card One (Pudding) - I cut out the Christmas Pudding die (Tonic Studios) from Kraft card and backed it on to some white so that I could colour in the Holly leaves using green alcohol markers. I left the icing as it was. I then glued it to a 3" white card using PVA glue and stamped the Happy Christmas sentiment just underneath it using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Finally, I used some Strawberry Coulis Nuvo drops (again from Tonic Studios) to add the berries.
- Card Two (Cute Critters) - For this one, I created a sky background with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks (Salty Ocean and Broken China) on to some white stamping card and cut a circle out using a Tattered Lace die. I then stamped the cute Critters image (from Lawn Fawn) out using Tuxedo Black ink (from Memento) and coloured them in using Brown shades of Prism alcohol markers. I also used two of their blue pens to colour in the scarf. I then stamped the Santa and Sleigh at the top of the circle using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Finally, I used the co-ordinating die to cut it out and attached it to the background with foam pads - which I had previously stuck it on to the front of another 3" white card using PVA glue.
- Card Three (Parcel) - For the final card, I cut out the parcel (Tonic Studios die) out of black card and stuck it to some card which I had previously painted with bright colours. I glued it to another 3" card using PVA glue and then stamped the Christmas Wishes sentiment out using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Finally, I added 3 drops of Orange Marmalade Nuvo drops on the top left hand corner.
And there you are some simple but effective Christmas cards using just dies, alcohol markers, watercolour paints and stamps.
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 3" White cards with envelopes
- Lawn Fawn Cute Critters dies and stamps co-ordinating set
- Tonic Studios Parcel die
- Tonic Studios Christmas Pudding die
- Tattered Lace circle die
- Happy Christmas and Christmas Wishes sentiment stamps
- Father Christmas and sleigh stamp
- Black Card
- White Card
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints
- Browns, reds, blue alcohol markers
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- Strawberry Coulis and Orange Marmalade Nuvo Drops from Tonic Studios
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-