Joy to the World - Mother and Child card -
Day 334 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a Christmas card but could also be used for a new baby which I have made using Tattered Lace dies, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints and Maribu Flip Flop paints!
How I made this card:-
- I cut out the Mother and Child Tattered Lace die out in white stamping card.
- I then painted another sheet of card using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints - blues and blacks mainly.
- I used one of Tattered Lace's Rectangle Torn Edge dies to cut a panel out and then dusted it with an anti static bag.
- Using Versamagic ink, I stamped some flowers all over it and added Clear Embossing powder to heat set it.
- Once it had cooled down, I used a flat paint brush to add some of Maribu's Flip Flop paint and covered it - it is really hard to see in the photo but it changes colour from pink to blue depending on the light.
- It dries very quickly and so I used a PVA glue to attach the die cut to the centre of it and added the whole panel to the front of a 7" x 5" white card.
- I stamped the Joy to the World sentiment (from Tonic Studios) just underneath the panel with Tuxedo Black Memento ink .
- Finally, I used Rare Earth's Cornflower blue ink cube to stamp the snowflake border (from Apple Blossom's Season's Greetings banner stamp set) on either side of it.
And there you are - A card that is fun and as said before would be great for Christmas or a Winter Birthday!!
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 7" x 5" white pearlescent card with envelope (from Create & Craft's Core collection
- Mother and Child die from Tattered Lace
- Tattered Lace Torn Edge rectangle die
- Flower stamps (any)
- Christmas sentiment stamps from Tonic Studios
- Apple Blossom Season's Greetings Banner stamp set
- White card
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints
- Versamark ink pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Cornflower Blue Rare Earth ink cube
- Maribu Flip Flop paints
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer or Connect Glue from Gina K
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-