Spooky! Black cat in silhouette Halloween card -
Day 304 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Happy Halloween! Today's card I have made another spooky one - this time using a Black Cat on a hand coloured background.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took an image of a cat in silhouette from the web on to my Brother Scan n Cut and used the image tracing function to bring it in to Canvas Work Space.
- Once that was done, I resized it to one that I was happy with and cut it out of some black card (American Crafts I think as it has a slight texture to one side).
- I then masked off the centre part of an A6 white card (linen effect) with some purple masking tape, leaving roughly an inch on either side and coloured them with Orange and red Tim Holtz Distress inks.
- I also cut a circle using a plain die out of white card and coloured that in to match and glued it to the centre of the card (once I had taken away the tape of course!).
- I stamped the word "Spooky" directly on to the left hand border using Onyx Black Versafine ink (I wasn't too worried that it didn't stamp out totally as I knew it wouldn't because of the linen effect).
- I then cut out the grasses twice in black card along with the spider's web and spider. I think the first two are from Tattered Lace but not sure which company produced the spider and stuck them to the card.
- Finally, I drew a line down from the web to the spider to give the impression it was moving and some white gel pen for the stars.
And there you are - a homemade/handmade card that was made using only some dies, stamps and distress inks.
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- A6 white linen effect card with envelope
- Tattered Lace Grasses Die
- Tattered Lace spider's web die
- Spider (not sure where from)
- Black cat imagen
- White card
- Black Card
- Red, Orange, Yellow Tim Holtz Distress Inks
- Black alcohol marker
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Mini Score board from Tattered Lace
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-