Happy birthday - dancing Salsa couple in silhouette 7x5in card -
Day 272 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a very simple but stylish handmade card using just some Tattered Lace dies, some Mirri card and a birthday sentiment.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all cut out the dancing Salsa couple (a Tattered Lace die) and then the Trellis Arch (again a Tattered Lace die) both in black card.
- I then stuck the couple on to some Matt Gold Mirri card (either Hunkydory or Kanban) using a PVA glue.
- I used Midas Touch sticky dots to attach the Trellis arch on to some Gold Mirri card and trimmed it so there was only a narrow border around it.
- I again used some PVA glue to stick it to the front of a 7" x 5" black pearlescent card, placing it towards the top of the card as I wanted to have the sentiment at the bottom (well I did try various places but ended up thinking it looked better there).
- Using foam pads, I added the dancing couple to the main space in the arch to give it dimension.
- Finally, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment out on to some black card using Versamagic ink and added some True White embossing powder and heat set it.
- I added that on to some gold Mirri having trimmed them both to fit the space left and then added it to the card with some thick foam pads.
And there you are - a homemade/handmade card that is made using only a few products but would be lovely to send to someone to say you Happy Birthday...
- 7" x 5" Black Pearlescent card and envelope from Create & Craft's Core Collection
- Tattered Lace Salsa Couple die
- Tattered Lace Trellis Arch die
- Birthday Sentiments stamp set from Hero Arts
- Gold Mirri (Mirror) card - Hunkydory or Kanban
- Black card - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper
- Versamagic ink
- True White embossing powder from Creative Expressions
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue or Connect glue from Gina K
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-