Just Because blue and white floral 7x5in card -
Day 242 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I am really pleased with how this floral themed card turned out - monochromatic using blue and white for day 242 of my 365 day challenge.
How I made this card:-
- I cut out the panel behind the flower using a Spellbinders Create a Card die, and keeping the card in it, I coloured through the die using a variety of blue Distress and dye based inks (Tim Holtz and Altenew).
- Once I was happy with the blending, I took the card out of the die and added it to some blue Hunkydory Flexiweight card and trimmed round it to leave a small border.
- I cut the sunflowers out from White cardstock, once again using a Tattered Lace die.
- I then attached it to the main panel using the Midas Touch Sticky dots.
- I drew two lines across the bottom of the card using a Tonic Studios black alcohol marker - I like these pens as they don't actually bleed through to the back of the card if done lightly.
- I stamped the Just Because sentiment (from Birch Press Design) on to some Vellum with a sticky ink (Versamark, Rare Earth's Clear Glass and Hunkydory's Prism Embossing Ink are just a few you could use) and then added some True White embossing powder (from Creative Expressions) and heat set it.
- I attached the sentiment to the bottom of the card (over the lines) with 2 narrow strips of ultra strong Red Liner tape.
- Finally, I dotted some Gina K Crystalline drops in some of the spaces to add some detail.
And there you are card that would be great to give to someone to say you are thinking of them and want to send them love...
- 7" x 5" white card with envelope (Hunkydory or Paper Boutique)
- Tattered Lace Sunflowers Die
- Spellbinders Create a Card Diamond Effects die set
- Just Because sentiment from Birch Press Designs
- White Stamping card
- Blue Flexiweight Adorable Scorable card from Hunkydory
- Tim Holtz Distress ink pads - Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky and Broken China
- Altenew blue ink shades
- Black alcohol marker (any will do but I have used the Tonic Studios one)
- Sticky embossing ink - Prism from Hunkydory, Versamark or Rare Earth's Clear Glass are just a few to use...
- True White Embossing Powder - Creative Expressions
- Gina K Crystalline drops
- Midas Touch Sticky Dots
- Red Liner ultra strong tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-