Thank you for everything on hand coloured background C6 card - Day 192 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card for day 192 of my 365 day challenge is a simple but effective Thank you card using a hand painted background with Distress Inks..
How I made this card:-
- I first of all cut a piece of white watercolour card 11x7.5cm so that it would fit inside a frame on a C6 ivory Centura Pearl Card.
- Using a variety of Tim Holtz Distress and Altenew inks (which I brushed on to my glass mat first), I covered the card with water and used a water brush dipped in water to create the background. I used Shaded Lilac, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Festive Berries, Salty Ocean and Bundled Sage (with Parrot from Altenew).
- I then left it to dry for a bit and once it was edged it with a black alcohol marker (you could of course add a mat of black card underneath it).
- I then added it to the middle of the card (I had previously drawn a frame around it again with an alcohol marker.
- I also added a Craft Candi (from Craftwork Cards) to each corner.
- Finally I stamped the sentiment Thank You for eveything (2 stamps from the collection by Birch Press Design onto a panel of white stamping card (I had coloured it previously with some blue ink sprayed on). I used black Versafine Onyx Black ink for this, left it to dry and then added it to the middle of the panel with some foam pads.
And there you are a card that is very easy to make and hopefully would make a great card to say Thank You for any occasion!
- C6 Cream/Ivory Centura Pearl card with envelope
- Thank You for Everything sentiment stamp from Birch Press Design
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Shaded Lilac, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Festive Berries, Salty Ocean and Bundled Sage (with Parrot from Altenew).
- Blue Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist spray
- Craft Candi Black and pads from Craftwork Cards
- Black alcohol marker
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-