Love anchors the soul - sea scene with lighthouse C6 card -
Day 182 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I know I shouldn't be complaining but I do think it is a bit hot now and so I have made this sea scene as that is where I would like to be right now!
How I made this card:-
- I first of all I created a sea scene at sunrise or sunset using Tattered Angels Color Wash paints. I tried to reflect the sun on the waves by mirroring what I did at the top on the bottom.
- I then used some paper to mask off both most of the panel leaving a small area (at an angle) and coloured through it using True Graphite Altenew ink to create the land.
- I added some shadows to under the land and in the waves with some alcohol markers and then added some white gel pen to some of them to create the "foam".
- I then used the smaller of the boats in the Ahoy Matey Stamp set from the For The Love of Stamps (by Hunkydory) and stamped them in various places on the water. I also added a couple of the birds using Versafine Onyx Black this time.
- I stamped the lighthouse, yacht, anchor and sentiment on to some white stamping care using the Versafine ink, heat set it and coloured them all in (the sentiment didn't need it) using Red shades of alcohol markers along with greys for the anchor and yacht.
- I cut around them and added them to the panel using glue and foam pads. As you might see from the photo, I attached the sentiment to the anchor first with a tape pen.
- Finally, I edged it with a black alcohol marker and then glued it to the front of a C6 white card.
And there you are a card that is fun to make (you can make your own seascape or add the lighthouse wherever you like!
- C6 white card with envelope
- Ahoy Matey! Stamp set from the For The Love of Stamps collection by Hunkydory
- White stamping card
- Tattered Angels Color Wash paints
- Greys, Reds and Black alcohol markers
- True Graphite Altenew ink pad
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Foam pads
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-