I love you to the moon and back space themed card -
Day 191 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I was really pleased with how the background turned out - I once again used Tattered Angels water colour inks and immediately knew once I had seen it that it would make a great space background....
How I made this card:-
- I first of all covered some watercolour card with some water and then used reds, yellows and orange Tattered Angel Color Wash paints to create the scenery - I made it lighter in the centre with some more water. I then let it dry - if you do heat set it then the card may warp a bit.
- I then used a stencil from Sheena Douglass to create the landscape at the bottom of the card - (I used True Graphite Altenew ink for this).
- I also added some clouds in the sky by using a dark grey alcohol marker as it lightens when dry.
- I used the planet part of the same stencil to add the earth in the top right hand corner, again using the True Graphite ink.
- I then added some stars - not using white or silver but the Onyx Black Versafine ink as I thought they would stand out more. I also edged the panel with a black alcohol marker.
- I stamped the planets, alien and rocket on to white stamping card using Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat set them and coloured them using both Zig Clean Color pens and alcohol markers.
- Once I was happy with them, I cut them out - some right to the edge and some leaving a small white border around them and then placed them on to the planet scene which I had glued to a 7x5in white card (scoring 4 lines with a scoreboard on the right hand side).
- I used foam pads for some of them and attached some directly to the card.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment on to some stamping card with Onyx Black ink, trimmed it so it fitted the space on the right hand side, edged it in orange and placed it on the card with foam pads.
And there you are a card that is very easy to make and hopefully would make a great card to celebrate any occasion!
- 7" x 5" white card with envelope
- Space themed stamps from For The Love of Stamps by Hunkydory
- Landscape stencil from Sheena Douglass
- Tattered Angels Color Wash paints - Oranges, Reds and Yellows
- Alcohol markers - Black, Pinks, Blue, Orange and Purples
- Zig Clean Color Pens
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens
- Ultra Strong red liner tape
- Foam pads
- Tattered Lace mini-score board
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-