Dinosaur themed MDF wall hanging -
Day 181 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I have had real fun making this project - using Hobbycraft stamps and a large MDF wall hanging.
How I made this project:-
- I first of all covered both the front and back of the wall hanging (approximately 32cm) in white card by tracing around it (marking each outline front and back).
- I then coloured a landscape scene using Tattered Angels Color Wash paints (blues and greens) - I added some white to represent clouds and let it dry.
- Whilst that was happening, I stamped out a lot of the dinosaur stamps (from Hobby Art Stamps) and coloured them in using green alcohol markers etc.
- I used a tree silhouette (from Stamps by Me) and stamped it towards the centre of the wall hanging using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then stamped a couple of the volcanoes again using the Versafine ink.
- I then cut out all of the dinosaurs, trying to leave an equal white border around them all and stuck them on to the MDF using a mix of foam pads and PVA glue - I also used a piece of acetate to attach the pterodactyl on to it.
- I coloured the two ROAR sentiments in using orange and green alcohol markers and glued them on.
- Finally, I varnished the whole thing using Zig Varnish marker and left it to dry.
And there you are a fun product that would make a great gift (I left the choice of ribbon or cord to you!) that uses a variety of products and medium (media?) - hope you like it!
- 34cm shaped MDF wall hanging
- Dinosaurs Hobby Art Stamps set
- Tree outline stamp from Stamps by Me
- White card (from Hunkydory)
- Tattered Angels Color Wash paints
- Greens, yellow, orange and pink alcohol markers
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Foam pads
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-