You are my sunshine... hummingbird and flowers A6 white card - Day 211 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well today's card is day 211 of my 365 day challenge and I have made it using Mel Heaton's Signature collection dies and stamps for the focal point along with a Spellbinders background die.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all stamped out the Hummingbird and flower spray onto white stamping card (the flowers on a pre-cut notched label) using Versafine Onyx Black ink and let them dry a bit.
- I then coloured both in using alcohol markers and Zig Clean Color pens - I tried to make the Hummingbird's wings look a bit translucent using pale colours - blues and yellows and then brown and orange for the body part.
- The flowers were filled in using Oranges, reds and yellows along with a couple of shades of green for the leaves.
- I set them aside and cut out the main background frame using a Spellbinders die in black card and stuck it on to the front of an A6 white card using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
- I then cut out the Hummingbird using the coordinating die trying to make it even all the way round but didn't quite succeed - but it was my first attempt!!!
- Using the You Are the sunshine stamp, I added it to the right of the flower using the Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- I glued the panel on to the card using finger lift tape and a wet glue so that I had a bit of time to make sure it was in the right place.
- I then added the hummingbird to it using foam pads so it had some dimension and finally added some Morning Dew Nuvo drops to underneath the sentiment and on some of the flowers.
And there you are cards that are very easy to make and hopefully would make a great card set for you to have for any occasion.
- C6 white cards (Linen effect or normal)
- Mel Heaton's Signature Collection - Dies and Stamps Budding Camellia 6x6in
- Spellbinders Ornate rectangle die
- You are my sunshine stamp (I think it could be a Hunkydory one)
- White Stamping Card
- Notched White label
- Black card (Lynda Chapman's World of Paper)
- Morning Dew Nuvo Drops
- Alcohol markers - orange, blue, red, brown, green, yellow etc
- Foam Pads
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens or finger lift tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-