Just Because.. smiley flower square 6in card -
Day 179 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well it is another scorcher here and this card I think reflects it - I have used a mix of dye-based and distress inks, For the Love of Stamps stamps and a Just Because sentiment...
How I made this card:-
- I used a pre cut 67mm square of white linen effect card (from Craft Creations) and stamped part of the smiley flower (from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps Sunshine Smiles set) using Rare Earth's Clear Glass embossing ink and heat set it with Cosmic Shimmer True White embossing powder.
- Once it was cool, I coloured the whole panel using dye based/distress inks (Altenew and Tim Holtz) - first of all green to represent the grass, then red and a deeper red for the sky at sunset.
- I kept on blending them in until I was happy and then removed any excess ink from it using some kitchen roll.
- Putting it aside to dry, I cut out the ornate scallop edged panel using a Spellbinders die in red card, and a mat layer in gold Mirri card with a Tattered Lace die and stuck them together.
- I edged the topper in a black alcohol marker and added it to the above using foam pads.
- I also used one of the flowers from the Sunshine Smiles stamp set and added it to each of the corners using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I left it to dry a bit and then coloured them in using Pink/Red Zig Clean Color water colour pens and used a water brush to draw some of the colour down (or up) to the tips of the flowers. I also used a Green fineliner Zig Color pen for the stems.
- I then stamped the sentiment Just Because using Versafine Onyx Black ink between the flowers - I wasn't too worried that they were at different heights as I tried to get the sentiment lined up (linked) to the flowers.
- I finally attached whole panel on to the centre of the card using PVA glue.
And there you are a bright and cheerful card that uses a variety of products and medium (media?) - hope you like it!
- 6" white card and white envelope
- Sunshine Smiles Hunkydory For the Love of Stamps set
- Just Because sentiment stamp from Birch Tree Press
- Spellbinders ornate lacy die
- Tattered Lace Deckle edge square die
- White 67mm card panel from Craft Creations
- Red Card
- Gold Mirri Card
- Rare Earth Clear Glass embossing ink
- Reds, Greens and Orange dye based/distress inks
- Cosmic Shimmer True White embossing powder
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Red and Green Zig Clean Color pens (including the Fineliner dual tip pens)
- Cut n Boss or Baby Blue die cutting machine
- Foam pads
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-