For You - sea scene landscape hand coloured 7x5in card -
Day 151 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I am really enjoying trying to create landscapes using distress/dye based inks and was pleased with the way this turned out - though it is a bit annoying to find that I have splashed some water on it....anyway...
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took an A6 piece of white stamping card and coloured the sky in leaving parts of it white to give the impression of clouds. I tried to make the top part of it darker than the rest by adding more ink.
- I then coloured the bottom two thirds of the card with green inks (Altenew and Tim Holtz), graduating the colour to make it darker at the bottom.
- I then decided where I wanted the sea to be and added some blue/green to a section of the again making it darker towards each side.
- Using two strips of paper, I masked off parts of the card and inked through it using True Graphite Altenew ink to create the land on either side.
- I added some yellow/green to the bottom of each landscape to give an impression of a beach and then added some grey strokes on the left hand one for trees.
- I then used two different grey alcohol markers to create a border edge and then stamped the fence several times across the panel, leaving a small gap in it so people can go through it :)
- I edged card with a bright blue alcohol marker and mat and layered it on to a slightly larger panel of black card and then stuck the whole thing on to a 7x5" white card using foam pads.
- Finally I stamped the For You sentiment in the centre of the card (right hand side) using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then added 2 lots of 3 blue gems (Hobby House).
And there you are a really easy but fun card to make and would be great to give!
- 7" x 5" white card and envelope (300gsm from Hunkydory)
- Fence stamp from Hunkydory
- For You sentiment stamp from Altenew Watercolour Dots)
- White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
- Altenew and Tim Holtz Distress inks - Blues, Greens and True Graphite from Altenew
- Grey alcohol markers
- Blue self adhesive gems from Hobby House
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Tape pen
- Wet Glue - Colall or Stamps by Me
- Foam pads
- Foam Tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-