Country cottage hand painted and stamped oval wall plaque -
Day 136 of my 365 day challenge
Something different today for day 136 of my 365 day challenge - this time it is an oval MDF wall plaque which has been made using papers from Hunkydory and a stamp from Stamps Away.
How I made this plaque:-
- I stamped the Country Cottage image (from Stamps Away) on to some white stamping card and coloured it in using Zig Clean Color pens and a water brush.
- Once it was dry, I trimmed it, leaving a very narrow white border at the top and bottom and then edged it with a blue alcohol marker.
- I used 2 sheets of the pale blue spotty side from Hunkydory's Twilight Forest paper pad and glued them to either side of an oval MDF wall plaque.
- Before it was dry, I pressed the paper towards the edge of the plaque and trimmed it. Once dry, I then used a emery board (but you could use a proper sand paper) and removed the excess paper - this gives you a neater finish to your work.
- I then repeated this on the back, this time adding some blue and white ribbon to it before adding the paper.
- I glued the stamped image to the front of the plaque using PVA Glue and then edged the MDF with a dark blue alcohol marker.
- Finally, i added some white flower die-cuts that I had (a Tattered Lace die) with PVA glue.
And there you are a wall plaque that is easy to make and would be great to give!
- Oval MDF wall plaque (so many companies now do these but I think this one is a Dreamees one)
- Country Cottage Stamps Away stamp
- Twilight Forest paper pad from Hunkydory
- Tattered Lace floral blossom die
- White Stamping card
- Blue and White ribbon
- Zig Clean Colour pens
- Blue and purple alcohol markers
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Wet Glue - either Colall or Stamps By Me
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-