Congratulations sunrise hand coloured and stamped C6 card for Day 137 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I was really pleased with the way this scene turned out - I hope it does look like a sunrise/sunset!! I have also used some Rare Earth and For the Love of Stamps for the decoration.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took a piece of white Water colour card and using the textured side, I coloured it in using reds, oranges, yellows, blue and black to make the sunrise/sunset background.
- So I could mirror the top and bottom (to give an idea of shadow), I did each colour at a time blending them in as I went along.
- I then masked off the majority of the background, leaving only a small gap in the centre and sponged through it using some True Graphite Altenew ink (I moved the paper slightly at an angle so it gave the impression of there being land on each side.
- Rare Earth's Oriental set of stamps has both the bird and blossom branch included so I stamped them both on to the panel, this time using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- I also used For The Love of Stamps stamps to add the clouds, Congratulations and Compass images again using Versafine ink.
- To finish the card off, I stuck the panel on to the front of a C6 white linen effect card.
And there you are a card that is easy to make and would be great to give!
- C6 White Linen effect card and envelope
- Rare Earth Oriental collection of stamps
- Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps sets for the clouds, sentiment and compass.
- White watercolour card (I used Red Button)
- Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow Tim Holtz Distress Inks
- True Graphite Altenew ink cubes
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Wet Glue - either Colall or Stamps By Me
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-