Bee Happy Flowers and Bees 7x5in aperture card -
Day 122 of my 365 day challenge
Hello Craft addicts!
Today's card is one using an aperture card I have had for some time, Hunkydory For The Love of Stamps and paints.
How i made this card:-
- I had this aperture card (I think from Kanban) for ages and thought I better use it! I took the centre square aperture out and placed some blue mirri card (from Hunkydory I think) attaching it using fingerlift tape.
- I used the remaining square and stamped out the flowers (from the Blooming Lovely set from Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps) using Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed them with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Once it had cooled down, I painted the flowers using Creative Expressions Shimmer paints (purple and blue) with a small paintbrush.
- I then coloured the background in with blue Altenew inks to give it a cloudy effect and edged it with a dark blue alcohol marker.
- I decided to have a bee theme and wanted to see how the new Bee Happy stamps worked and stamped one of the bees in each corner using the Versafine Onyx Black and coloured the body in using Orange and Yellow Zig Clean Color brushes.
- I then added the trail and the Bee Happy sentiment in black and the flower in red Altenew ink.
- I added the topper in the centre of the card using up some foam pad waste.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- A5 white straight edged card and envelope
- Bee Happy For The Love of Stamps stamp collection from Hunkydory
- Blooming Lovely collection from the For The Love of Stamps set from Hunkydory
- Purple and Blue Creative Expression paints
- Blue and Red Altenew ink cubes
- Yellow and Orange Zig Clean Color pens
- White stamping card
- Blue Mirri card
- Blue Alcohol marker
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-