Unicorn with fantasy castle on abstract background shaped card - Day 112 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well today's card for day 112 of my challenge is one using up a topper made from a hand coloured background and a Unicorn peel off sticker.
How I made this card:-
- I took a piece of card (80x180mm approx) and coloured a background using pearlescent paints - I think they are Imagination Crafts but could have been from Stamps Away... I used a brilliant blue colour for the sky, yellow and orange for the sunrise and a stunning green for the grass - I kept looking at the Peel off to make sure that it would be in the right place...
- Once I was happy with it, I put it to one side to let it dry and cut out the geometric circle in white card using a Spellbinders' Geo die and then a slightly larger solid circle in black using a Tattered Lace die.
- I stuck the white circle on top of the black one and attached it to the middle of a flower shaped 5" white card from Hunkdory.
- As the background was now dry, I peeled off the sticker and placed it carefully over it and trimmed round it.
- I finally attached the topper on it using foam pads.
And there you are a card that is a fun card which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 5" white flowery edged card and envelope
- Unicorn fantasy peel off sticker - from Craft Creations
- Geometric circle die from Spellbinders
- Circle die from Tattered Lace
- White stamping card
- Black cardstock
- Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange and green Imagination Craft pearlescent paints
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-