Fairy on toadstools with a ladybird 7x5in Z-fold card -
day 97 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's project (for day 96 of my 365 day challenge) is one that I have still to perfect - a Z-fold card! i have used Tattered Lace dies, colour wash paints from Tattered Angels and Rare Earth blending inks..
How I made this card:-
- I used two 7x5in white straight edged cards and folded the front cover on each back on themselves and then a strip measuring about 2" from one of them from the bottom.
- I then folded that one in the opposite way to the first one so that the longer edge was at the front and the two shorter edges were at the back.
- I then coloured it with various shades of green Tattered Angels Color Wash paints and left it to dry. I also used it to colour 2 panels inside the card. Thinking about it now, I would probably used blending inks to do this as the paint warped the card slightly.
- Whilst it was drying, I used Rare Earth's Lavender Mist and Bluebell blending inks to colour two thirds of the card itself. I must say that they really do have a lovely look to them when they are blended!
- I glued the strip to the front and inside of the card using Collall All Purpose glue and held it down until it was stuck properly.
- I cut out the Toadstools die from Tattered Lace using White cardstock and coloured the stalks using Beige shades and the rest in red alcohol markers.
- I then separated them and added the tops of them to some cream card and cut round them so they had a solid "inside" and glued them to the front of the card using Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue.
- I cut out the fairy (not sure which die it is - either Tattered Lace or Tonic Studios) and coloured her wings and flowers in a couple shades of pink alcohol markers and the stems in green and stuck her to the toadstool.
- I also cut out the ladybird in white card and coloured it in using a black alcohol marker and placed it on another piece of card, stuck it down and coloured the spots in red and placed it on the top left hand corner.
- Finally I cut out the leaf spray in a pale green paper/card and placed it on the inside of the card.
And there you are a card that is a fun card which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 2x 7" x 5" white straight edged card with envelope from Paper Boutique from Creative Crafting World or Hunkydory
- Toadstools die from Tattered Lace
- Ladybird die from Tattered Lace
- Ivy spray die from Tattered Lace
- Fairy die either from Tattered Lace or Tonic Studios
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do or Craftwork Cards A6 stamping card
- Cream cardstock
- Green paper/card (for the Ivy)
- Greens (various shades) from Tattered Angels Colour Wash paints for the background
- Lavender mist and Bluebell Blending inks from Rare Earth
- Various colours alcohol markers (from Spectrum Noir and La Plume)
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-