May your birthday. be the start of a spectacular year C6 card -
Day 76 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well the snow has arrived again, so thought that this card might add some cheer to the gloom! I used embossing powders, stamps from Stamps by Me and Tim Holtz Distress inks to make it..
How I made this card:-
- I trimmed a piece of white stamping card (Any good quality card will do) to measure 95x140mm (to fit an C6 card).
- I then used Onyx Black Versafine ink to stamp the flowers from a collection by Toni Darroch's Stamp by Me collection - not sure what it is called as none of them are named but it is an A5 collection of acrylic stamps.
- As the ink dries quickly, I embossed each flower separately using a clear Embossing powder (Stamps Away and many other Companies produce this).
- I then stamped the sentiment in the top right hand corner using Versamark ink and embossed it with a Bright White embossing powder.
- Once I was happy with the way it looked, I coloured the whole panel using Dried Marigold (Orange), Mustard Seed (Yellow) and Festive Berries (Red) to create the sunrise effect. You need to blend them in really well to make it look seamless with the darkest red at the top.
- As both the flowers and the sentiment were embossed, they created a resistance to the inks and you need to buff them with some kitchen towel to remove the excess ink.
- I edged the panel with a darker alcohol marker and then stuck it on to a white linen effect C6 card.
And there you are a card that isn't hard to make but looks as if it was!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 linen effect white card with envelope
- Floral stamps with May your birthday be the start of a spectacular year sentiment from Stamps by Me
- Brilliant White stamping card from Rare Earth or any other supplier)
- Mustard Seed, Festive Berries and Dried Marigold Distress Inks from Tim Holtz
- Versamark ink pad
- Versafine ink - Onyx Black
- Clear embossing powder (Stamps Away or any other brand will do)
- Bright White embossing powder (WoW or any other brand will do)
- Tape pen
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Decoraters/Masking tape