Magical fairies and owl C6 easel card -
Day 73 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is another fairy themed card - this time using Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps and an owl stamp from Heartfelt Creations.
How I made this card:-
- I had stamped out these fairies, fairy door, flowers and sentiment from the Flutterby Fairies stamp collection from the For The Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory using Tuxedo Black Memento ink on white card.
- I coloured them in using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (blues/greens for their wings, brown and tan for their hair, pinks/purples for the flowers along with some green for the stems and a flesh tone for their faces).
- I also had stamped out the owl on a branch from one of the Owl stamp sets from Heartfelt Creations and coloured it in with brown shades of alcohol markers.
- The Fairy door was also coloured in using some brown shades and greys for the hinges and door surround.
- I cut them all out leaving a very narrow white border around all of them. I also used a craft knife to open the door - leaving some uncut so it could stay open.
- I decided that I would like one of the fairies to be popping out of the door, so added a strip of acetate to the back of her and attached it using red liner tape to inside of the door - making sure that I could open it properly.
- To make the card, I folded and scored half of the front of the card inside it to make an easel one and added some green paper (it is double sided so placed the lighter one to the back and the darker at the front - trimming it so it fitted the whole of the bottom of the car.
- I then added the flowers inside the darker panel using glue and foam pads to add dimension and then placed the fairy door at the top of the "grass" on the left hand side.
- I used foam pads on the sitting fairy and placed her at the bottom of the card and then the owl to the top of the fairy door.
- Finally, I edged the sentiment Magic is all around... with green alcohol marker and placed it where I wanted the easel to stop, giving it some height with some thick foam pads.
And there you are a fun card that is not too hard to make as all you need are some stamps, some colouring markers and some paper.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 straight edged white card with matching envelope
- Flutterby Fairies For the Love of Stamps collection from Hunkydory (elephants and grasses)
- Owl on a branch stamp from Heartfelt Creations
- Magic sentiment from the Flutterbye Fairies
- White card (World of Paper from Creative Crafting World or any other supplier)
- Green paper from Hunkydory's Rainbow Radiance paper pad
- Blues, Greens, Browns, Greys, Reds, Pinks, oranges, and flesh tones Alcohol markers
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue