Hello Sunflowers, and cute critters shaped card -
Day 62 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a cheerful card made using strips of paper, some stamps, alcohol markers and distress/dye based inks.
How I made this card:-
- I found this shaped card and thought I better use it up and so tore 3 strips of card - one green and one brown (they are double sided with a lighter shade on the reverse).
- I first of all stuck the brown one towards the bottom of the card - leaving it unglued at the top so I could slip the flowers in..
- I then added the lighter of the green and then the darker one again leaving some space at the top.
- To make the flowers, I first of all stamped 3 circles (using the Half-tone circles stamps from Altenew) on to some card - using red, yellow and orange for two of them and blue shades for the other one.
- I used the sunflower stamp from the Sunshines and Smiles set from For the Love of Stamps range from Hunkydory and stamped over the circle using Versafine Onyx Black ink pad. I coloured the stem and leaves in using 2 shades of green Zig Clean Color pens and cut them all out - leaving a small border all around.
- I then stamped and cut out the rabbit (standing) from the Hoppy Easter set (again from For The Love of Stamps) and coloured it in brown and pink (using alcohol markers), then the mouse from the Sunshine and Smiles (colouring it in greys and pink) and the leaping rabbit from the Crafty Expressions set and coloured that in a couple of shades of grey.
- I placed the large sunflower behind the brown strip of paper (along with the 2 smaller ones) and then placed the other animals around the bottom of the card.
- I thought one of the Half Tone Circles would make a good sun so I inked it using yellow, orange and red Distress inks and stamped it in the top left hand corner and used a stencil of rays to give the impression of the sun's rays in yellow.
- Finally, I used the Hello sentiment from Altenew's Half Tone Circles stamp set and stamped it in between the rabbit and the mouse using the Onyx Black Versafine ink.
And there you are a cheerful and fun card that is simple to make....
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 5" white shaped card and matching envelope
- Sunshine and Smiles stamp set from For the Love of Stamps collections by Hunkydory
- Hoppy Easter stamp set from For The Love of Stamps collections by Hunkydory
- Half tone circles stamps from Altenew
- Various colours of alcohol markers for the stamp images (Browns, greys, pinks)
- Blues, Reds, Oranges and Yellows Distress/dye based inks - from Altenew or Tim Holtz
- Greens Zig Clean Color pens
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue