Friendship card with cute mice and flowers 7x5in white card -
Day 79 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card (day 79 of my 365 day challenge) is a really fun card using stamps from Hunkydory and a background I created in my Brother Scan n Cut.
How I made this card:-
- I have been wanting to try this effect for some time and so went into Brother Scan n Cut's web app CANVAS and designed the background - first of all creating a rectangle and then added some circles in different sizes, grouped them together and subtracted them so they were cut out. - you could also use different sized dies to do the same thing.
- I cut 2 lots out, one in a cream colour, the other in a chocolate brown card stock (I used American Crafts as it has a linen effect texture on the front).
- There is an external frame left over when I cut it out so glued that on to the front of a 7x5in white card and then placed the cream panel over it making sure that the holes were in the right place...I had previously edged the cream panel with a dark brown alcohol marker.
- I then stamped the flower from the Friends Like You stamp collection from the For the Love of Stamps range from Hunkydory in two of the holes and embossed them using Bright White embossing powder and a heat gun. I then added the butterfly and embossed that too.
- I used the Friendship sentiment stamp (from A Mice Day collection) and stamped that in the largest hole and again embossed it using the White embossing powder.
- I used Toffee Versafine ink to stamp the raindrops from the above collection all around the panel.
- I used the 2 different mice in the Friends Like You collection and stamped them on to white stamping cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- I coloured them in using a couple of shades of grey (not 50 I hasten to add) alcohol markers and then added some pink for their ears (dulling them down a bit with a light shade of the grey.
- I cut them out and added them to the 2 remaining holes, this time using foam pads to give them some dimension.
And there you are a fun card that isn't hard to make but looks as if it was and as I say, you could use dies rather than an electronic cutting machine.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 7x5in White card with envelope
- A Mice day stamp collection from the For the Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory
- Friends Like You stamp collection again from the For The Love of Stamps range
- Brother Scan n Cut and CANVAS app
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do
- Brown and Cream cardstock - this is American Crafts but any would do
- Various Grey shades of alcohol markers and a pink one for their ears.
- Brown alcohol marker for the edge of the centre panel
- Versafine ink - Onyx Black
- Versafine ink - Toffee
- Bright White embossing powder (WOW or any other brand will do)
- Tape pen
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads