Quackers! Ducks and ducklings hand stamped shaped card -
Day 42 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
It isn't often that I am really pleased with the way a card has turned out but this is definitely one of the ones that I am so happy with as I had made another card but it just wasn't right but this one was!
If you want to see how I made it then read on!
- I used a scalloped edged white card (148mm or 6") and added a border to it with an alcohol marker using one of the scallops as a guide.
- The ducks and ducklings (or are the babies goslings?) - from the Totally Quackers set from For the Love of Stamps are stamped on white super smooth cardstock (Lynda Chapman's World of Paper) using Onyx Black Versafine ink pad and let them all dry.
- I coloured the larger bird in using 3 shades of green alcohol markers (Altenew or Spectrum Noir will do) trying to make it look realistic and then used a Coral pink one for the bill and feet - whilst that dried, I coloured in the ducklings (medium sized ones) using yellow and orange Zig Clean Color pens and the smallest one using colouring pencils as I wanted to see what sort of effect I could get with them all.
- I put them aside and then die-cut a medium sized circle (8mm) using a Tattered Lace die in the white card and coloured it in using dye based inks with light blue ones for the sky and green for the grass (leaving a bit white in the middle) - I kept it in the die whilst doing it so that there was a white border still when I had finished colouring.
- I stamped the Bulrushes onto the card directly using an Emerald ink pad from Altenew (along with the lily pads in each corner) and again on either side of the circle - as the ink is dye based, I was able to draw some of the colour down to fill the stamp in.
- I then placed the circle on the card, working out where I wanted to stencil the word Quackers and placed the mask on to the card and covering the card and rest of the mask with tape, i coloured it in using the Emerald ink making sure that the dauber was fully inked so that it was a clean impression.
- I then stuck the the circle underneath it using a tape pen and then stamped out the Have a Quacking Good time on some white card using Versafine Onyx Black in and trimmed it to about 3x2.5mm and edged it with a green alcohol marker.
- I cut duck and ducklings out leaving a small white border around them and added them to the card using foam pads to give them some dimension. Finally I stamped the word Quack just above the larger of the Ducks!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 6" or 148mm White scalloped edge card and matching envelope
- Totally Quackers Stamp set and accompanying mask from For the Love of Stamps from Hunkydory
- Tattered Lace Pin dot circle die (8mm)
- White stamping cardstock from Craftwork Cards
- Green alcohol markers (3 different shades)
- Yellow and Orange Zig Clean Color pens
- Yellow and orange double colouring pencils from Chameleon
- Green ink pads from Altenew - Parrot and Emerald
- Blue ink pads - either from Ranger or Altenew or DoCrafts
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pads
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue