Dandelion clock Thank you card -
Day 35 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft Addicts!
Today's card (day 35 of my 365 day challenge) is a slightly different Thank You card which has been made using embossing powder on black card.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all used some Versamagic ink and stamped the dandelion clock (from Sweet Dixie) on to some black card and then used some Seafoam White embossing powder and heat set it.
- Once it was ready, I cut it out leaving a narrow border around it and coloured the centre in using a bright blue alcohol marker as it matched (almost) the colour of the sentiment which is from Kanban.
- I then used the corner stamp in the same set and embossed them on opposite corners using the same embossing powder.
- I stuck the dandelion clock on the left hand side using a tape pen.
- I used the Thank You heart sentiment in the teal from Kanban's sentiment collection (it is a peel off so I stuck it on the opposite corner and trimmed it so it wasn't a true heart shape.
- I added some gold colour chevrons from DoCrafts Papermania Capsule Geometric Mono collection on the other two corners.
- Finally I used some white paper and added an insert inside the card and used a Lots of Love sentiment from the same collection as the heart.
And there you are a different style card that is simple to make.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 Black card with matching envelope (from Red Button)
- Dandelion clock stamp from Sweet Dixie and corner stamp from same collection
- Thank you heart and Lots of Love peel off sentiments from Kanban
- Black cardstock from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper by Creative Crafting World
- Chevrons (gold) from the Capsule Geometrick Mono collection
- Bright blue alcohol marker
- Versamagic ink pad
- Clear Embossing Powder (any will do)
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue