Have a mice day - mice, flowers and butterflies shaped card -
Day 23 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I thought this was a fun card using various stamps from the For The Love of Stamps range from Hunkydory along with distress inks and alcohol markers.
How I made this card:-
- I love these cute stamps from the Blooming Lovely range from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps and thought they would be ideal to use with this shaped card.
- Using some Distress inks from Ranger (Yellow, Orange and Red) I coloured the front of the card (putting a piece of scrap paper behind it so it protected the inside) - I used these colours as I thought they would be similar to those of the sunflower and let it dry.
- Whilst drying, I cut out a circle of stamping card using a Tattered Lace die (measuring it so I knew if fitted the centre of the card.
- I then stamped the flower out in the middle of it and embossed it with clear embossing powder - the ink was Versafine's Onyx Black.
- I had just got some La Plume alcohol markers and wanted to try them out so used the orange and yellow ones to colour in the flower.
- I then stuck it on to the front of the card using a tape pen.
- I wanted to fill the rest of the card and so stamped the 2 different mice, flower and butterflies (from the Sunshine and Smiles set) a couple of times again using Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed them all using Clear embossing powder from WOW!
- I then coloured them in using both the La Plume markers but also grey shades from Spectrum Noir for the mice.
- I cut them all out leaving a white border around them and attached them to the front of the card using foam pads (as they are quite small I used the Candi foam pads from Craftwork Cards.
- Finally, I stamped the Have a Mice Day! sentiment again embossing it to make it stand out.
And there you are - a card that used Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps, distress/dye based inks and alcohol markers.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 6" white shaped card with matching envelope
- Blooming Lovely range of stamps from For The Love of Stamps collection from Hunkydory
- Sunshine and Smiles from above collection
- White Stamping Card
- Orange, Red and Yellow Distress/Dye based Inks from Altenew and Ranger
- Grey shades alcohol markers
- Marvy Uchida La Plume alcohol permanent markers
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Tape runner pen (from Create and Craft)
- Foam pads
- Fingerlift tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-