Happy Birthday Fireworks over skyline in silhouette Kraft card -
Day 29 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I am really pleased with the way this card came out - was trying out one of the masks from For the Love of Masks collections from Hunkydory and a variety of ink pads from Altenew.
How I made this card:-
- I really love this blue ink pad from Altenew and wanted to try it out with this mask from Hunkydory.
- I cut out a square of white Watercolour cardstock to fit the front of a 150mm Kraft card (allowing a small border around it).
- I placed the mask over it and attached it lightly using some tape and then some masking taper inside it so that the fireworks and silhouette outline were covered and coloured it in using the Sapphire Blue ink pad.
- I then removed the tape etc very carefully and drew a border inside the pattern using an Alcohol marker - I tried a Fineliner pen to start with but it wasn't thick enough.
- I cut out another piece of the watercolour card, this time approximately 100mm and using various blue shades from Altenew I coloured it in, trying to make a definite difference between the land and the water. I used some Pure Graphite ink to darken the sky further.
- I then used the mask and coloured the skyline silhouette in using the Pure Graphite ink. I wanted to add some shadow to the outline so used some grey alcohol markers to add a bit of depth, also using them to add some waves to the water (along with a bit of white gel pen).
- I added the firework bursts by using Versamark ink through the mask and some Wow Opaque White embossing powder and heated it until it turned white.
- I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment (from the Bohemian Dreams sentiment stamp collection from Craftwork Cards in the blue ink onto a pre cut label tag and outlined it in some alcohol marker and added it to the front of the card with some foam pads.
And there you are - a simple but stylish card that has been made using just some some plain card, a mask from Hunkydory's For The Love of Masks collection, some dye based inks from Altenew along with Craftwork Cards products.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 155mm Kraft card and envelope from Papermania from DoCrafts
- Fantastic Fireworks mask from For the Love of Masks collection by Hunkydory
- White watercolour cardstock
- Ocean Waves. Sapphire and Mountain Mist dye based ink pads from Altenew
- Grey, purpley blue and black alcohol markers
- White gel pain
- Happy birthday sentiment from the Bohemian Dreams stamp collection from Craftwork Cards
- Label (small) from Craftwork Cards
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Wow Opaque White embossing powder
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads