Friendship with Owl topper from Pollyanna Pickering scalloped card
Day 31 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I am trying to get rid of some of my "old" craft items and decided to use this beautiful Owl topper from a collection from the well known artist from Pollyanna Pickering.
How I made this card:-
- I attached the topper on to some of Lynda Chapman's black cardstock and trimmed it to leave a small border.
- I then added that on to some white card and then some Rainbow Mirri card again leaving narrow borders around each of them.
- Using a black alcohol marker (this one is a Tonic Studios one), I used one of the scallops of the card to mark a border around a white 6" card and glued the whole topper on to the front of the card.
- I then wanted to add a sentiment to it, so I coloured a pre-cut label shape tag with some Altenew inks (red, yellow and orange) and attached it to some gold Mirri and trimmed it to leave a small border.
- I then stamped the Friend Like You sentiment (from the Friends Like You set from For The Love of Stamps collection from Hunkydory) on to it using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- Finally, I added the sentiment on to the bottom right hand corner of the card using foam pads.
And there you are a lovely card that could be given to your best friend or someone you want to say hello to.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 6" scalloped edged white card with envelope
- Owl topper from Pollyanna Pickering which is part of various collections from Creative Crafting World
- Green shades, Orange, Red. Pink, Blue shades and Yellow alcohol markers
- Black Lynda Chapman's cardstock - from Creative Crafting World
- White super smooth cardstock
- Pre-cut label tag from Craftwork Cards
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Black alcohol marker
- Rainbow Mirri Card from Hunkydory
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads