Merry Christmas - Owl in Silhouette card -
Day 355 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I thought I would make a slightly different (non festive) Christmas card for day 355 of my challenge - this time using an image I cut out using my Brother Scan n Cut on a hand coloured background.
How I made this card:-
- I found this image of an owl (not sure where I found it) and imported it into my Brother Scan n Cut Canvas Workspace and resized it to the one I wanted (approx 3.5" x 3") and then moved it to my machine and cut it out in black card.
- I coloured a piece of white linen effect with Orange, Yellow and Red dye based/distress inks to create a sunrise/sunset background. I then trimmed it to 4.5" x 5" and glued it to a slightly larger black piece of card.
- I cut a strip of Orange and White spotty paper (approximately 1" wide and 7" wide) and glued it to a slightly wider piece of black card.
- I then glued it to the centre of a 7" x 5" white card (tent fold style).
- As I wanted the card to be slightly different, I took a 7" envelope and measured where I could stick the topper on the card and stuck it on in the middle of the card, making sure I hadn't glued the whole back of course!
- I then cut out the Merry Christmas sentiment using a Tattered Lace die and some black card and stuck it to the bottom left hand corner of the topper.
And there you are a slightly different Christmas card using my Brother Scan n Cut, some dye based inks and a die!
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 7" x 5" white card with a 7" envelope
- Owl image
- Merry Christmas Die from Tattered Lace
- White Card
- Black Card
- Orange and White spotty paper (from 8" paper pad from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps)
- Orange, Red and Yellow dye based/distress inks
- PVA glue - Connect Glue from Gina K, Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All purpose glue