With Love Steampunk heart meets traditional hearts square card
Hi Craft Addicts!
Today's card is a mix of "Steampunk" and traditional and can be used for either Valentines Day or really any time you want to say you love someone....
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took a plain 7" white card (from Hunkydory) and cut about 4cm off the right hand side.
- I then coloured the front of the card using the "Love is in the Air" mask (from the Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory) with a "Red" Generation INX ink pad (I used the XOXO, hearts and balloon heart).
- Using the Tattered Lace "Love is in the Air Lattice" panel, I cut out the strip for the inside of the card in black card - I had made sure that it fitted before cutting the front part.
- I also used some Tonic Studios "Hearts" in a couple of sizes/styles to cut out the larger of the hearts in pale Kraft (and embossed it using an A6 embossing folder from DoCrafts Xcut series) - I first of all embossed the middle part of it and then either side of it to complete the pattern.
- The smaller of the two backgrounds hearts was cut out in "Cream" card and embossed too.
- I also cut out the "Steampunk Heart" in "Silver" Mirri card using the Tattered Lace die and coloured it using "Blue, Green and Red" alcohol markers and let it dry.
- I attached it to the centre of the background panel using foam pads to give it some dimension.
- I also punched out the "Red/White" hearts using a Woodware punch and glued them to the "Lattice" panel using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
- I cut out the "With Love" sentiment (from the Love is in the Air collection from Tattered Lace" again in the "Silver" Mirri card, snipped into it so that it was 2 words and stuck it to the middle red heart.
- Finally, I added some "Violet Galaxy" Nuvo crystal drops to the centre of the cogs to add some more colour.
And there you are - a simple but stylish card that has been made using a variety of dies and cardstock.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" 300/350gsm White straight edged card with matching envelope (from Hunkydory, Craft Creations or other suppliers)
- Tattered Lace Steampunk die
- With Love sentiment from Tattered Lace Love is in the Air series
- Love is the Air stencil/mask from Hunkydory (For the Love of Stamps)
- Love is in the Air lattice panel from Tattered Lace
- Hearts dies from Tonic Studios
- Hearts A6 embossing folder from DoCrafts/Xcut
- Heart punch from Woodware
- Red, Blue, Pink and Green alcohol markers
- Silver Mirri card (from Hunkydory)
- Pale Kraft card
- Cream linen effect or Hammer card
- Red and White heart paper
- Red mirror paper
- Black card
- Red Generation INX (RA01) ink pad
- Foam pads
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue