Unicorn - Smile 6" easel card -
Day 306 of my 366 day challenge
For today's challenge I have made this "Unicorn" themed 6" easel card. I have used a Peel off sticker, some Gold Mirri card and a hand coloured background.
How I made this card:-
- I took the "Unicorn" peel off sticker (which I got from Craft Creations) and placed it on some stamping cardstock (I use either Creative Crafting World or Stamps Away card) which I had coloured it using "Red, Orange and Yellow" paints to create this fiery sunset.
- I then cut round the frame to give it a small border and then edged it with a black alcohol marker.
- For the card itself, I folded the front of the card into the fold of the card and creased it so that it became a gatefold card.
- I used one of the pre-cut "Gold" Mirri mats (6") from Hunkydory and added a "Twisted Vine" background which I cut out from a Tonic Studios die collection in white card, leaving a small border around it.
- I then attached it to the main card (making sure that I only used glue on the bottom half).
- I took a pre-cut strip of "matt gold" card (from Kanban) and embossed it using a "Scattered Dot" strip embossing folder from Tattered Lace for the stopper - and added it to where I wanted the card to stop using a double layer of foam pads.
- I also added the main topper using foam pads in the centre of the card.
- Finally, I added the "Smile" sentiment which comes from the "Year of Sentiments" from Craftwork Cards. I edged it with some "Red" dye based inks and stuck it to a "label" shape which is again from Craftwork Cards and had been coloured using "Red, Orange and Yellow" inks.
And there you are - a fantasy themed card made using a peel off sticker, some Mirri card and some paints.
Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here It will also be on my website soon.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 6" white card and envelope from Hunkydory or any other supplier
- Unicorn peel off sticker from Craft Creations
- Twisted Vine Die from Tonic Studios
- Scattered Dots strip border from Tattered Lace
- Red, Yellow, Orange dye based or Distress inks (ie Generation INX, Tim Holtz or DoCrafts
- Smile sentiment from Year of Sentiments pad from Craftwork card + label tag
- Gold 6" Mirri mat from Hunkydory
- Gold strip Mirror card from Kanban
- White card
- Foam Pads
- Collall All purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue