Butterflies Birthday 8" birthday card -
Day 265 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge, I have used a sheet of the beautiful "Falling Leaves" paper pad from First Edition (Trimcraft) along with the "Happy Birthday Butterfly" die from Tattered Lace.
To make the topper and card:-
- I first of all cut the front of the 8" square card along the diagonal line using the "Cutterpillar-Pro" - this is brilliant as the light makes it so easy to cut a proper line!
- I then decided which paper design I would use and chose this "butterfly" one and used my "Brother ScannCut and cut out the "wavy edged" shape.
- I glued it to the pre-cut 6" "Gold" Mirri card (from Hunkydory).
- I then attached it to the front of the card making the sure that the glue was on the left hand part so it didn't stick to the inside of the card.
- I also cut out some of the small butterflies from the remaining paper (using my Brother ScannCut) and glued them where they matched the panel.
- I really love the "Happy birthday Butterfly" die from Tattered Lace and so cut it out in "Silver" Mirri card and coloured it using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (Blues, Pinks, and Gold). I also cut out a smaller butterfly in black card.
- Finally, I added some "Ripened Pumpkin" Nuvo crystal drops along the edges of the card.
For the inside of the card:-
- I used one of the standard "flower" images within the Brother ScannCut, resized it and cut it out from the rest of the paper that was left. The ScannCut is great as you can scan in the cut out paper and see where you can best place the image so you can make use of the whole of the sheet.
- I then glued it to the centre of the inside of the card.
And there you are a card using one sheet of 12" paper and my Brother ScannCut. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- Falling Leaves First Edition (Trimcraft) 12in paper pad
- Brother ScanNCut machine + Canvas app from Create & Craft
- Black casrdstock
- Twinkling H20s - Celadon, Just Peachy, Sea Spray,
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers - Blue (BT4), Pink (PL2), Brown and Yellow (CT2)
- Ripened Pumpkin Nuvo crystal drops from Tonic Studios
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Foam pads from Hunkydory or Stix2
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue