Happy birthday - Oriental fan - monochrome -
Day 239 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge, I have once again used the "Oriental" images from Tattered Lace's USB No. 3 to make this simple but stylish birthday card.
To make the embellishment and sentimment -
- i first of all took the "Fan" image from the USB and took it into Brother ScanNCut's web app CANVAS and resized it to 17cm x 11cm approximately and cut it out using black cardstock (this is from American Crafts).
- I then cut out a "hexagon" shape in white cardstock again in the Scan n Cut this time the size was 5.5cm x 5cm (approx) and then added the "Happy Birthday! to it using some bright blue and silver peel off stickers and the stars etc that are on the same sheet.
To make the card up
- I glued the fan on to a 7" x 5" white card which I used in a landscape format using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
- I wanted the fan to have some colour in it, so I used the colours I had left on my Smoothies sponges inside the decorative parts - I used "Mowed Lawn" Tim Holtz Distress Ink, "Mango Smoothie" and "Peach Perfect" Altenew crisp dye inks for the other parts.
- I then added the "Happy birthday" topper to the base of the fan using some foam pads to raise it up a bit.- I edged it in black alcohol marker beforehand.
- Using a Pigma Micron (02) black fineliner pen and added some "faux" stitching to the edge of the card and some to the bottom of the fan.
- I also used "Duck Egg Blue" Nuvo Crystal drops to all the corners
And there you are....a really lovely card using images from Tattered Lace USB No. 3. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" White card (300gsm approx) card and envelope
- Oriental Fan from the Tattered Lace USB Oriental embellishments (USB 3) and the Brother ScanNCut and CANVAS
- Black cardstock (American Crafts or Lynda Chapman's black card from Creative Crafting World)
- Happy birthday peel off sticker (blue and silver)
- Mowed Lawn Tim Holtz Distress inks + smoothie sponge. Mango Smoothie and Peach Perfect Altenew crisp dye ink pads (mini)
- Duck Egg Blue Gloss Nuvo crystal drops from Tonic Studios
- Black alcohol marker
- Black Pigma Micron 02 fine liner pen
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-