Happy birthday - musical notes 7" x 5" white card -
day 226 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge, I have made this birthday card that could be suitable for both men and women I think!
- To make the main panel - I first of all cut out the circle topper using the "Cut, Tuck and Fold" die from Tattered Lace in cream cardstock and folded the cut out bits so they overlapped each other - I think it would work brilliantly if cut out in "Topsy Turvy" card so another colour showed through.
- I also cut out the bright blue panel using the Tattered Lace "Pin dot rectangle" die and glued the circle to it. I also cut out the "musical notes" in black card using the Tonic Studios "Music" die and then glued it to the bottom of the card (I trimmed it so it fitted the card properly).
- To finish the card - I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment onto a precut oval I had in red and stuck it to the circle using some foam pads and then added some "Duck Egg Blue" Nuvo drops to it - looking at it now, I don't think I would have added them - but you learn from your "mistakes".
And there you are....a birthday card that could be used for either men or women - Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7"x5 Wwhite straight edged 300gsm card (from Hunkydory)
- Cut, Tuck and Fold circle die from Tattered Lace
- Tonic Stuidos Musical Notes die
- Cream cardstock from Craft Creations
- Black cardstock (Lynda Chapman's) from CCW
- Happy birthday sentiment and oval from Craft Creations
- Duck Egg Blue Nuvo crystal drops from Tonic Studios
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Foam pads or strips - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram