Robot in oval frame 7" x 5" white card -
Day 104 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge I have made this fun card that could be for a child of all ages!
I have been trying to get to use some of the die cuts I have and so have used this Tattered Lace frame and a topper from the "Birthdays" book of toppers from Hunkydory as the main focal points.
First of all, I hand coloured the front of the card with Tim Holtz Distress inks trying to co-ordinate them with some of the colours in the topper. I used some cut paper and brushed the sides of the card with more inks to give it a more defined frame in the darker of the blues.
I also used the yellow/blues on the frame so that it wasn't so white and stuck the Hunkydory Robot topper in to the centre of it and glued it to the middle of the card. I used a Spellbinders flower die as the backing layer for the sentiment "Have a brilliant day" which I got from Craftwork Cards "A Year of Sentiments" pad which I edged in a black marker.
I still had a couple of the cogs left over from one of my recent cards (from the "Cogs and Gears" die collection from Trimcraft and so placed one in the top left hand corner. Both sentiment and cog were attached using thicker foam pads than the topper.
And there you are a quick and easy card you can make in minutes! And you can buy it here
Don't forget - if you order something before June 1st, you will receive a 10% discount on orders over £25.00 - visit www.thehandmadecraftsshop.co.uk
Products and items you may need to make these projects
- 7" x 5" white good quality card with envelope (Hunkydory 350gsm)
- Robot oval topper from Hunkydory;s Birthday book
- Fancy ornate oval frame from Tattered Lace
- Cogs and Gears dies from Trimcraft
- Blue, Green and yellow Tim Holtz Distress ink mini pads
- White and silver cardstock
- Green mirror card
- Have a briliant day sentiment from A Year of Sentiments pad from Craftwork Cards
- May your birthday be as Special as you are stamp from Honeydoo Crafts
- Black Onyx Versafine ink pad
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Foam pads (Hunkydory or Stix2)
For the 1st 5 people to sign up to my blog before the 15th April, you will receive a set of 10 cards (different sizes and messages) featuring my new Ladybird designs*
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram