Elephant 4"stretch canvas -
Day 77 of my 366 day challenge
So for today's post, I have made this elephant themed canvas which I thought was quite fun!
I then cut out the Adorable elephants from Tonic Studios in black cardstock (I will use the smaller one in another project).
I also cut the border strip in Kraft coloured paper/card from the Pearl Borders Essential die collection from Tattered Lace.
I also cut out the pink panel using my Brother Scan n Cut (am getting slightly more adventurous now)
Once the paint was dry, I stuck the pink panel on to it in the middle of it and then placed the Kraft border on top of it. I cut off the excess parts so it fitted.
For the little elephant in the corner, I stamped it on to some frosty Shrink Plastic from a Dreamees collection and coloured it in shades of grey and then heated it using my Heat gun until it had shrunk to the right size (it did take a couple of times to get it right to be honest).
I stuck it on using my heat gun as I felt it would be stronger and added an ivory "eye" using the Ivory Crystal drops from Tonic Studios. I also attached some hessian twine on to the reverse again using the heat gun so it can be hung up.
You can buy this on my website here I think it will make a lovely gift for someone or to keep for yourself!
AND don't forget - f you order something before June 1st, you will receive a 10% discount on orders over £25.00 - visit www.thehandmadecraftsshop.co.uk
Products and items you may need to make these projects
- 4" square pre treated cotton canvas
- Ivory Nuvo Acrylic paint
- Adorable Elephants die collection (Rococo) from Tonic Studios
- Pearl Borders Essential die collection from Tattered Lace
- Black cardstock - I use Lynda's black card from Creative Crafting World
- Pink cardstock - I got mine from Craft Creations
- Kraft card (with white back) from Craft Creations
- Ivory Nuvo Crystal pearl drop
- Frosted Shrink plastic
- Grey shades of alcohol markers (but should have used crayons)
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All purpose glue
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram