Thanks for everything... swans and cygnets on hand coloured background 5x7in cream card
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is one I made using Tattered Lace dies, some stamps and watercolour paints.
How I made this card:-
- I took a piece of white stamping card (you could also use watercolour card) and painted it using various shades of blue watercolour paints with the lighter blues towards the top half. I tried to blend them in so you can see the difference between the sky and the water.
- I then used some darker paint (black or dark purple) to create the skyline in the middle of it.
- Once it was all dry, I then used a white gel pen to create the waves under the land and some to the sky to give the impression of whispy clouds.
- I then took some white Brilliance ink from the pad, smooshed it on a glass mat, added some water to it and then used a paintbrush to splash some on to the top part of the panel to create stars!
- Whilst it was drying again, I cut out the Swan and Cygnets topper (from Tattered Lace) twice in white card.
- I trimmed around the Cygnets from one of the die-cuts, having used some alcohol markers to add some shading.
- I used PVA glue to add the complete die-cut on to the panel and then added the adult Swan on top of it with some thin foam pads so that the left hand Cygnet looked behind the adult and then added the 2nd Cygnet to the front of them, this time with a double layer of the foam pads.
- I used a black alcohol marker to add her (or him) beak and eye.
- I then attached the whole thing to a pre-cut A6 panel of Silver Mirri card (from Hunkydory) with PVA glue and then placed the whole thing to the front of a cream/ivory 7x5in card.
- I had a small black circle and added it to the top right hand corner for the moon!
- Finally, I stamped out the Thank you for everything (2 separate stamps from Birch Press Designs) on to some white stamping card using Gina K's Obsidian Black ink.
- I then stuck it to a piece of Blue Mirri card (again from Hunkydory) after shaping it to a cloud) and repeating the shape once it had stuck properly.
- I used foam pads to attach it to the bottom of the card.
- Cream/Ivory 7" x 5" card - available from various suppliers such as Toni Darroch's Stamp by Me or Lynda Chapman's World of Paper
- Swan & Cygnets die from Tattered Lace
- Thank you sentiments from Birch Press Designs
- White stamping card - Ink Me from Hunkydory, Rare Earth's Own brand or Lynda Chapman's World of Paper work really well
- Blue, Purple and Black watercolour paints
- Black and grey alcohol markers
- Blue Mirri card (from Hunkydory)
- Silver Mirri card precut A6 panel again from Hunkydory
- White Gel pen
- Brilliance white ink pad
- Jet Black Gina K ink pad
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Foam pads
- Glue it Glue or Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here