Maybe one day quotation hand coloured box frame -
Day 186 of my 365 day challenge
Today's project for day 186 of my 365 day challenge is one I am really pleased with - I am trying to do more home decor items and this is one that I might just hang on my wall!
How I made this project:-
- I first of all took a piece of white stamping card (just a bit smaller than A6) and dusted it with an anti-static bag and then stamped the quote (from Rare Earth) onto it using Versamagic ink.
- I then added some white super fine embossing powder to it (I used Cosmic Shimmer True White) and heat set it with a heat gun.
- I used various colour distress and dye based inks (Tim Holtz, Catherine Pooler and Altenew) - greens, blues, reds and pinks to colour over the words, blending them all as I went).
- When I was happy with the result, I used some kitchen roll to remove the excess ink. I also used a water brush to tap some drops of water over it and used the kitchen roll to "bleach" some parts of the design.
- I stuck the panel on to a piece of white card and then added that to a slightly larger panel (this time one that I had hand coloured myself using Tattered Angels Color Wash paints).
- I then added the whole panel on to the carrier sheet inside the 195mm natural wood box frame (making sure it was in the middle and straight of course).
- I closed the frame up and then added 3 flowers to the left hand side using PVA glue (though you could used a hot glue gun).
And there you are a project that is stylish to look at and would make a great gift.
- 195mm Natural Wood Box Frame
- Maybe one day.... collide large stamp from Rare Earth
- White stamping card
- Tim Holtz distress inks and Catherine Pooler/Altenew dye based inks
- Tattered Angels Color Wash paints
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Versamagic ink pad
- True White Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder
- Flowers from Hobby House
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Tape pens
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-