Thank you flowers and leaves open gatefold card -
Day 155 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a result of this C6 pink gatefold card having been in the sun too much and so the edges had been bleached a bit and rather than throwing it away decided to see how it would work if I turned the front panels inside out!
How I made this card:-
- I took this C6 pink gatefold card and folded the front panels in on themselves (towards the outer edges) and scored them well.
- I then cut out the 3 diamond nesting shapes in red and white gingham paper (Tattered Lace dies) (the largest is about 130x70mm) and attached the first one directly on to the inside of the card, and the next two on top of that using foam tape to give them dimension.
- The Flower is one from Altenew's Folksy Florals stamps/dies collection and I stamped it on to some white stamping card using Blue, Green and yellow ink pads directly on to the stamp. I then repeated the process with the slightly smaller one and then added the centre which is Altenew's True Graphite.
- I then cut it out using the co-ordinating die, keeping it secure with some decorator's tape so it didn't move - I used my Tattered Lace Baby Blue die cutting machine as it is so convenient to use when cutting a small die.
- I attached the flower on to the smallest diamond with foam pads.
- I had cut out the leaf sprays out previously twice, using Tattered Lace Shades paper/card and glued them to both sides of the card using PVA Glue.
- Finally, I stamped the Thank You sentiment out on to some white card (this time stamping each word out separately) using Versafine Onyx Black ink and stuck them on to the card with a tape pen after edging them with some bright pink alcohol marker.
And there you are a really easy but fun card to make and would be great to give!
- C6 Pink gatefold card with white envelope
- Tattered Lace Diamond dies (3 sizes)
- Tattered Lace Forest Pines die (not sure which one)
- Folksy Floral stamps and co-ordinating dies from Altenew
- Thank You sentiment from Birch Tree Press stamps
- White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
- Red and White gingham card/paper
- Tim Holtz Distress inks and Altenew dye based inks (blues, greens, yellows and Graphite)
- Bright pink alcohol marker
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Foam pads
- Foam Tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-