Hello there - don't worry be happy cute tortoise C6 card -
Day 156 of my 365 day challenge
Hi craft addicts!
Today's card is one I have made using a fun stamp from Woodware along with some papers for the background - oh yes and some Tattered Lace dies!
How I made this card:-
- I stamped out the Tortoise/turtle image on to some white stamping card using Versafine Onyx Black in and whilst it was still dry (you need to be quick), I added some Clear embossing powder and heat set it.
- I then coloured it in using a couple of different shades of brown alcohol markers for his head and body (not sure why I think it is a male!) and some green and grey markers for its' shell.
- Once I was happy with it I cut it out, leaving a small white border around it.
- I then cut out various pieces of paper - a darker plain blue and a lighter blue and white for the sky (cutting the latter into cloud shapes) and stuck them on to the top of a C6 white linen effect card and then added some dark green and light green and white paper on the bottom third for the grass.
- I also cut out using a shaped die a small star in yellow card and stuck it to the top left hand side using a tape pen.
- Before adding the tortoise/turtle I stamped the sentiment Hello there... Don't worry be happy on to both the clouds (masking the relevant parts of the stamp before inking it) using the Versafine ink.
- I then added him on to the grass part with foam pads to give it dimension.
- Finally I already had the grass die cut (from Tattered Lace) in green and so I cut it into 3 and stuck it to the bottom left hand corner of the card.
And there you are a really easy but fun card to make and would be great to give!
- C6 white linen effect card with white envelope
- Woodware Cute Turtle stamp
- Tattered Lace Forest Pines die (not sure which one)
- Star die - think from Tattered Lace but could be Crafter's Companion
- White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
- Green and blue plain card (from Hunkydory Rainbow Radiance pack
- Blue and white/Green and white spotty card/paper from Craftsyle
- Greens, Browns and Grey alcohol markers - Spectrum Noir, La Plume and Tonic
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Clear embossing powder
- Foam pads
- Tape pen
- Foam Tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-