A flower does not think....just bloom hand coloured C6 card - Day 176 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I am really enjoying the effect stamping with an embossing ink, using white embossing powder and then colouring makes and this is one that I made last night.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all decided that I would not have a panel on the front of the card and stamp directly on to it.
- I therefore used Rare Earth Clear Glass Speciality Embossing Powder to stamp the "If flowers... bloom" large sentiment on to it and covered it with True White Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder, removed the excess and embossed it with my heat gun.
- Once it was cool and I had made sure all of it had been embossed, I coloured over it using a variety of dye based inks - from Altenew (Greens, Reds, Orange and Yellow) and Tim Holtz's Mowed Lawn blending them all into each other so that it looked seamless.
- Once the colouring was done, I took a piece of kitchen roll and removed any excess ink that was left on the card so it brightened the sentiment.
- Finally, I added some Morning Dew Nuvo drops around the card and let it dry.
And there you are a card that is simple to make and would be great to give! You can buy it on my website now..
- C6 white straight edged card and envelope
- A Flower does not ..... blooms large sentiment stamp from Rare Earth
- Mowed Lawn Tim Holtz Distress ink cube
- Pinks, Oranges, Yellows, Reds and Greens Altenew ink cubes
- Rare Earth's Clear Glass Speciality Embossing Powder
- Heat gun
- True White Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-