Just Because - Multicoloured flower C6 card -
Day 150 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well it is day 150 of my challenge and I have made this flower themed card using new Altenew stamps and co-ordinating dies along with one of their sentiments - I really love the font of the Just Because as it is decorative but very legible!
How I made this card!
- This is a white linen effect C6 card and so I first of all used a score board to embossed 4 lines on the right hand side (first of all doing them from the inside and then went over them again on the outside).
- I then stamped the larger of the flowers in the Folksy Florals stamp set from Altenew on to some white card - I dabbed some blue, purple and red inks directly on to the stamp as it is a solid image and then repeated the process with the smaller one, this time with Orange, Red and Yellow inks (from both Altenew and Tim Holtz).
- I used the Onyx Black Versafine ink to stamp the inside of the flower and then cut it out using the co-ordinating die trying to leave an equal border around it!
- I had some of the circle frames left over from another project (from Hunkydory's Triple circle aperture cards) and stuck 2 on top of each other so it was slightly higher than the stamped image and glued it to the top left hand corner with PVA glue and then stuck the flower inside it with thin foam pads.
- I then stamped and cut out the stalk/stem and the two sizes of leaves having used two different shades of Altenew ink (Parrot and Moss) and stuck them just below the circle frame.
- The Just Because sentiment came from a collection of stamps from Birch Press and I stamped it out on black card using Versamagic ink, added some white embossing powder and heat set.
- I cut it out (making sure it fitted the card) and added it to the bottom using some foam tape.
And there you are a really easy but fun card to make and would be great to give!
- C6 white linen effect card and envelope
- Folksy Florals stamps and co-ordinating dies from Altenew
- Sentiment stamp collection from Birch Press
- Circle die (any one will die)
- White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
- Altenew and Tim Holtz Distress inks - Blues, Reds, Yellow, Oranges, Green and Purple
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Tape pen
- Wet Glue - Colall or Stamps by Me
- Foam pads
- Foam Tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-