Japanese lady hand coloured in window A4 window frame -
Day 128 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
This started out as a card but I thought it would be better shown as a wall hanging - I have used Tattered Lace dies, various inks and some alcohol markers in an A4 picture frame.
How I made this project:-
- I took a window aperture card (from Hunkydory) and took the panels out. I also cut a second card up as I knew the back would be the exact fit.
- Rare Earth have produced a lovely set of stamps with a Japanese theme, and I stamped the sun (or moon) out on to the smaller panel using Dried Marigold and Mustard Seed Tim Holtz distress inks in the right hand corner.
- I used the bridge stamp and stamped it twice towards the bottom of the cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink (making sure it was in the right position by placing it behind the window aperture.
- I coloured the grass in using Dreamees Dinky Inkies inks (mini cubes) and then the sky using blue inks (Tim Holtz Salty Ocean).
- Whilst it dried, I cut out the Japanese lady (Tattered Lace dies) in white card and coloured it in using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (TB2 and 4) for the dress, then IG8 for the hair, and pinks/reds for the flowers with some green for the stems.
- I then cut out the flowers (again a Tattered Lace die) and coloured them in a paler pink and green.
- I stuck the main panel on to the back of the window aperture and then placed the die-cuts on the front.
- I then placed the whole item in an A4 black picture frame on top of some black cardstock.
And there you are a project that began as a card but turned out as a pretty home decor item - again it is simple to make and would be great to give!
- Tattered Lace Japanese lady die
- Floret blossom die from Tattered Lace
- Oriental themed stamps from Rare Earth
- Hunkydory window aperture cards x2
- White stamping Card
- Black A4 card
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- La Plume alcohol markers
- Dinky Inkies Sparkle ink cubes
- Salty Ocean Tim Holtz Distress ink cube
- Dried Marigold and Mustard Seeds Distress inks
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-