Hello - Garden shed and sea scene - hand stamped and coloured 7x5in card - Day 144 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I am really pleased with the way the colouring of this card went, in fact, I really like this card and could quite easily be in a boxed frame to make a home decor project!
How I made this card:-
- I took a piece of A6 white stamping card and divided it roughly into thirds and coloured the bottom 2/3rds with green dye based/distress inks - Tim Holtz and Altenew provides different shades to create the grass effect.
- I then coloured the top third with blue shades (again Tim Holtz and Altenew), trying to blend them in to create the sky.
- I added some green shade to the bottom part of the blue section to try and make it a bit more sea like.
- I cut out the Clouds in white card using Memory Box (Poppy Dies) and stuck them to the cloud part of the image, overlapping them in the middle where I knew the shed would go.
- I then added a narrow darker line just underneath the clouds to give the impression of a horizon.
- Once I was happy with the whole effect I then stamped the fence section about a centimetre down several times (from the Our House to Yours stamp set from For the Love of Stamps) using Onyx Black Versafine ink.
- I used two different shades of brown alcohol markers to colour the fences in and then a medium grey one to add some shadow beneath the fence and around the grass.
- I also used a small bird silhouette stamp to add some detail to the cloud area.l
- I also stamped out the Garden Shed, Lawnmower and wheelbarrow on to some white card and coloured them in using a mix of alcohol markers and Zig Clean Color pens.
- I cut them out (leaving a narrow white border around them. I wanted the wheelbarrow to be coming out of the shed so I cut round 3 sides of the door using a craft knife and placed it on to some textured card and stuck the other two items on it using a tape pen.
- I then added the shed on to the front of the panel using foam pads and stamped the HELLO sentiment (from Altenew) to the left of the shed using Onyx Black Versafine ink.
- I finally added the whole panel on to the front of a 7" x 5" white card using some finger lift tape and added 3 pale blue sparkly gems at the bottom of it.
And there you are a hand coloured and stamped 7" x 5" white card that is easy to make and would be great to give!
- 7" x 5" white card with matching envelope
- Shed Loads of Love For The Love of Stamps set from Hunkydory
- From Our House to yours set again from For The Love of Stamps from Hunkydory
- Cloud die set from Memory Box (Poppy Dies)
- Hello sentiment stamp from Altenew
- White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
- Blues, Greens, Browns and Greys Distress inks and Altenew dye based inks
- Blue self adhesive gems from Hobby House
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Tape pen
- Wet Glue - Colall or Stamps by Me
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-