Hay There cute animals with rainbow in window apertures 6" card - Day 138 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card for day 138 of my challenge was really fun to make - once again using Distress inks and stamps from For The Love of Stamps Hunkydory collection.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all cut a window aperture card in 2 and removed the panels in each quarter (to be used another time!) and used a Rare Earth Woodgrain stamp to colour the front of the window using Rusty Hinge Tim Holtz Distress ink and put it aside to dry.
- I then stamped out the donkey, cow and pig on to some white stamping card using Onyx Black Memento ink and coloured them in using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (brown shades along with pink ones for the pig).
- I then took the spare piece of card and blended some blue inks together to give a sky impression and stuck the window to it leaving some space inside the frame so that I could stick the animals etc inside them so they would be peeking into the window.
- Using Rainbow colours from Tim Holtz Distress inks (Festive Berries, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserves) and sponged through the rainbow mask from Noah's Ark stencil from For The Love of Stamps.
- I fussy cut around all the animals and around the rainbow (cutting the latter in half) and stuck them (using a tape pen) on the panel. I tried to make sure that the rainbow looked like it was behind the frame).
- I then stamped the Hay There sentiment on to some white card with Versafine ink and cut around it, edging it with a bright pink alcohol marker. I also stamped a small pot plant, colouring it in using Zig Clean Color pens as I think they give greater control).
- I used a whole piece of blue paper from Hunkydory's Stylish Silhouettes Rainbow Radiance 6" paper pad (trimming it to 5.5") and attached it to the front of a 6" card and then placed the main panel on top of that.
And there you are a card that is easy to make and would be great to give!
- 6" White card and envelope
- 5" white window aperture card
- Old MacDonald and friends Hunkydory For The Love of Stamps set
- Fun on the Farm Hunkydory For The Love of Stamps set
- Noah's Ark stencil Hunkydory For The Love of Mask
- Wood grain 4" x 3" stamp from Rare Earth
- White stamping card
- Stylish Silhouettes Rainbow Radiance 6" paper pad
- Festive Berries, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserves and Rusty Hinge Tim Holtz Distress Inks
- Brown shades, pink shades Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers
- Brown Zig Clean Colour pens
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Wet Glue - either Colall or Stamps By Me
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-