Flowers and leaves - 2 for the price of one - C6 card and CD sleeve - Day 145 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
As it is the Bank Holiday and I probably won't be doing a blog tomorrow, I thought I would write about these two projects which have both used stamping and colouring over embossed images.
How I made these projects:- Both projects have been decorated with the Floral Favourites For The Love of Stamps by Hunkydory using slightly different methods.
Let your Dreams blossom C6 landscape card
- I first of all blended some blue, green, yellow and orange distress inks in stripes directly on to the top and bottom of the front of the card as I like the way the Linen effect gives it some texture.
- I then drew a line above/below the strips using a black alcohol marker.
- I measured a strip of white stamping card which was the same width as the card but was slightly narrower than the space in the middle of the card.
- I then coloured the whole panel with orange and pink distress inks and stamped 3 large flowers and 2 smaller ones in a row (at different heights) using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
- I used a waterbrush to "bleach" some of the petals in each of the flowers and then added some stalks with the black alcohol marker.
- I then used one of the small flowers and dotted them around the panel using the black ink.
- I then edged the panel with black alcohol marker and placed it on the card with some thin foam pads.
- I then stamped the sentiment on to some white stamping card, trimmed it and added it to the bottom right hand corner with foam pads.
- I assembled the white CD sleeve (using strong tape) and stamped the large flower on to it in various places using Versamagic and then added Seafoam White embossing powder to them and heat set them using a heat gun.
- I then repeated the process with the leaves.
- I used Tim Holtz Distress inks (Purples and Greens) to colour the front of the sleeve and then used some kitchen roll to clean the excess ink from the embossed areas.
And there you are two hand coloured and stamped projects that are easy to make and would be great to give!
- C6 white linen effect card with Envelope
- CD Sleeve from Eco-crafts
- Floral Favourites For The Love of Stamps set from Hunkydory
- White Stamping (or Super Smooth) card (from Craftwork Cards, Hunkydory or Creative Crafting World)
- Blues, Greens, Purples, Oranges and Yellow Distress inks and Altenew dye based inks
- Black alcohol marker
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Versamagic ink pad
- Seafoam White embossing powder
- Tape pen
- Wet Glue - Colall or Stamps by Me
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-