Birthday wishes - steampunk background 7in square card -
Day 130 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft Addicts!
This project was fun doing as I was experimenting with using inks through a mask, embossing through it and other fun things!
How I made this card:-
- I used a piece of 6" white stamping card (from Rare Earth) and attached the mask (Mechanical from That Special Touch) to it using some removable glue dots.
- I added the colour through it using Dreamees Sparkle inks, blending the different colours (green, pink and orange) in various places. The edges were also coloured and trimmed it so there was just a narrow border all around.
- Once I was happy with the effect, I carefully removed the stencil.
- I took a coordinating piece of green card (smooth side) and embossed through it (with Versamagic ink) using the Key to My Heart For The Love of Mask stencil and adding Seafoam White embossing powder.
- I edged the smaller panel in green alcohol marker.
- Before placing the larger panel on to the card, I cut a strip of vellum and secured it to it using some tape at the back and then added it to the front.
- I then stuck the green layer on to the card in the centre but as a diamond rather than a square.
- I placed the Birthday Wishes sentiment (from Kanban) on to some white card and cut round it.
- I then stamped the two wings from the Keys to my Heart stamp collection from For The Love of Stamps on to some white card using Tuxedo Black ink from Memento, coloured them in using a green alcohol marker, cut them out (leaving a border around it) and having cut a small slit in them added them to the sentiment using tape.
- Finally, I added the whole sentiment on to the front of the card using foam pads to add some dimension.
And there you are a card that is easy to make and would be great to give!
- Key to my Heart For The Love of Stamps stamp collection
- Key to my Heart For The Love of Masks stencil
- Mechanical stencil/mask from That Special Touch
- Birthday Wishes sentiment from Kanban
- Green card from Co-oredinations or American Crafts
- White 6" Stamping card from Rare Earth
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Dinky Inkies Sparkle ink cubes
- Versamagic ink cube
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-