You're Turtley Awesome Mermaids and underwater scene C6 card - Day 93 of my 365 Day Challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a result of trying out blending colours on a textured background and I must say I was really pleased with this Under the Sea C6 card turned out.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all cut a piece of textured paper from the Man Made collection from Craftwork Cards which measures 95x135mm approximately.
- I then used various blues shades of ink (Tim Holtz Distress and Altenew), blending them in to make an underwater effect - making it darker towards the bottom. The ridged texture makes it great for making it look like ripples.
- I added some yellow Tim Holtz Distress ink (Fossilised Amber) towards the top as I wanted to make it look as if the sun was shining through the waves and some True Graphite Altenew ink at the bottom.
- I used the Castle part of the Noble Knights and Naughty Dragons For The love of Masks to make it look like there was a building at the bottom of the sea and then added the two mermaids, turtles and sea weed to the scene using Versafine's Onyx Black ink. I wasn't too worried that it wasn't a clean impression as it looked as if they were swimming underwater!
- I cut a layer of Turquoise/Green Mirri card which was slightly larger than the topper, and once the ink was dry, stuck it on to the Mirri and then attached the whole thing to the front of a C6 white linen effective card.
- To finish the whole card off, I stamped the You're Turtley Awesome sentiment on to some white stamping card using Versafine's Onyx Black ink and glued it on to a piece of card that I had hand coloured and then added that to some white card and attached it to the top left hand corner using some foam pads.
And there you are a card that is a very stylish one which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 white linen effect straight edged card with envelope
- Forever a Mermaid set from For The Love of Stamps by Hunkydory
- Noble Knights and Naughty Dragons mask from For The Love of Masks by Hunkydory
- White ripple effect card/paper from the Man Made World (not sure of the correct title) from Craftwork Cards
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do or Craftwork Cards A6 stamping card
- Turquoise/Green Mirri Card
- Blue inks (various shades) from Tim Holtz and Altenew
- Fossilized Amber ink from Tim Holtz
- True Graphite ink from Altenew
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue