Sending Special Wishes floral DL Kraft card -
Day 94 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I wanted to try out using embossing powders, stamps and dye based inks and am quite place as to how this one turned out for day 94 of my 365 day challenge.
How I made this card:-
- I took 2 pre-cut deckle edged squares of linen effect white card (67mm) and cleaned it with an anti-static pad and then stamped the flower (from a Rare Earth collection) on to each with Versamagic, added some Bright White embossing powder and heat set it with a heat gun.
- I then used Orange, Red and Yellow dye based inks (Altenew and Tim Holtz) to colour the squares in (blending them so there were no When I was happy with the result, I took a kitchen roll and cleaned away the ink residue from the flowers so they were a bright white again.
- For the sentiment, I used a frame from the Essential Inserts Collections - Frames from For The Love of Stamps and the Sending Special Wishes sentiment from another of their collections and stamped them with Versamagic on to some Vellum/parchment and heat embossed it with the same Bright White embossing powder.
- I coloured a strip of white stamping card with the same orange, red and yellow ink pads and placed the vellum over it, attaching it at the back with some tape.
- I then stuck the panel on to some white card and placed it in the middle of a DL Kraft card.
- I then glued the flower panels on to some white card and trimmed them both so there was a narrow border and attached them to the top and bottom of the card using foam pads.
- I also added a white insert inside the card with a pale orange version of the flower to add continuity.
And there you are a card that is a very stylish one which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- DL Kraft card straight edged card with envelope
- Flower stamp from Rare Earth
- Frames from The Essential Inserts Collection - Frames from For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory
- Sending Special Wishes stamp from For the Love of Stamps again
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do or Craftwork Cards A6 stamping card
- 2x 67mm white deckle edged card from Craft Creations
- Vellum/Parchment paper
- Oranges, Reds and Yellows (various shades) from Tim Holtz and Altenew
- Versamagic ink pad
- Bright White Embossing Powder
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads