Live, Love, Grow - Cactus themed easel card -
Day 115 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I used 2 shaped Hunkydory cards to make this Cactus themed easel card which I have hand stamped and hand coloured for day 115 of my 365 day challenge!
How I made this card:-
- I cut one of the shaped cards in half and used the outer edge of the Prickly Plants For The Love of Masks stencils and coloured a border using the Altenew Brilliant blue ink pad.
- I then coloured through the flower section using the blue Altenew ink and then some dark red ink which I part blended with the blue to create the purple shading.
- I then added the cacti in opposite corners using Parrot Altenew ink pads.
- I cut a strip of vellum/parchment and embossed two sets of the sentiment stamps from the accompanying stamp set in Onyx Black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
- I then attached the strip to the front of the panel using tape at the back.
- I stamped two lots of the cacti in two different pots and coloured them in using alcohol markers and cut them out leaving a narrow white edge around them.
- I placed one of them in between the sentiment and one inside the easel card both using foam pads.
- I had created the easel card by folding the front of the other card in on itself, creased it and then stuck the panel on it (gluing only the bottom half of it)
And there you are a card that is a fun card which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 5" white shaped card and envelope x2
- Prickly Plants For the Love of Stamps set
- Prickly Plants For the Love of Masks stencils
- Blue and Green (Parrot) Altenew inks
- Red Tim Holtz Distress ink mini cubes
- White stamping card
- Alcohol markers
- Clear Embossing powder
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Score board - either a mini version or the Adorable Scoreboard
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-